In many cases, it is absolutely possible to repair your power window on your own. Just remember that what looks easy, can quickly become a nightmare that could be avoided simply by calling Power Window Repair to do the job. Often times, we can repair the window, save your knuckles and still save you money!
If you still want to take this project on yourself, we have a few warnings for you and of course, we’ll be there for you if you run into trouble.
1. Have the tools necessary to remove your door panel properly
2. Purchase extra door panel clips from the dealer if possible ( you will break some )
3. Purchase the correct window regulator assembly for your vehicle and door. A quality OEM replacement is always preferable over an inferior aftermarket part – remember, if that OEM blows up down the road, we can repair it – if the aftermarket part fails, it’s going in the garbage and you’ll be doing this again.
4. Watch a YouTube video on the specifics of working on your vehicles door and be prepared before you take on a job like this.
5. If it’s a scissor action regulator with a spring-action hub, please DO NOT attempt this repair. Call us at (480)570-5116 for a free diagnosis & quote. It won’t be worth losing a finger to save a few bucks!